January 16, 2017
- Installations spread across all key wind states in India –Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu & Telangana
- Market leader with 35% share in India’s cumulative wind energy installations with strong presence in all customer segments
- Entire 10,000 MW under service fold with Suzlon and is the largest wind asset management base in the country
- Custodian of 4th highest installed power capacity in India
Suzlon Group, one of the leading renewable energy solutions provider in the world, achieved the 10,000 Megawatt (MW) cumulative wind energy installations in India (over 7,500 wind turbines installed pan-India). Suzlon’s 10,000 MW of wind installation is capable of powering over 5 million households per annum (p.a) and offsets ~21.5 million tonnes of Carbon Dioxide (CO2) emission annually which is equivalent to planting over 1500 million trees.
Two decades ago, Suzlon Group embarked on a journey in the clean energy space from Gujarat. Today, with cumulative wind energy installations of over 15,500 MW worldwide, Suzlon operates across 17 countries and has over 1700 customers across the globe.
Key analogies of Suzlon 10,000 MW wind installations
– Estimated Annual Energy Production of 22 Trillion Watt hours (TWh) annually; equivalent to half of New Zealand’s annual electricity generation
– Accounts for ~22% of India’s renewable energy sector
– 16.20 million tonnes (p.a) equivalent of coal not burnt
– Equivalent to taking off the road ~3.5 million cars
Tulsi Tanti, Chairman and Managing Director, Suzlon Group, said, “Thislandmark achievement is a testament of the customer confidence in Suzlon’s technologically advanced products and project execution and service capabilities. We are proud to have played a pioneering role in providing clean energy solutions to the nation and making a significant contribution to its energy security and sustainability. We remain committed to enable the Government in achieving its target of 40% renewable energy by 2030.
We are committed towards a ramp up in volumes, expand presence in focus markets, realizing business efficiencies, introduction of new generation products and enable digitization to enhance services and continuous optimization of the capital structure. We have established a multi-pronged strategy that covers continuous R&D and innovation in design, manufacturing and O&M services. We also have a strong presence across customer segments. Our team is looking forward to work collaboratively with our customers, bankers and partners to scale new heights and contribute towards a greener tomorrow.”
Suzlon will focus on continuous R&D to harness technology and reduce Levelised Cost of Energy (LCoE) by increasing Plant Load Factor (PLF) and making low wind sites viable. Suzlon has witnessed an overhaul in terms of Technology and its wide range of products is testament towards the same. Key analogies of Suzlon 10,000 MW wind installations ? Estimated Annual Energy Production of 22 Trillion Watt hours (TWh) annually; equivalent to half of New Zealand’s annual electricity generation ? Accounts for ~22% of India’s renewable energy sector ? ~16.20 million tonnes (p.a) equivalent of coal not burnt ? Equivalent to taking off the road ~3.5 million cars Suzlon’s end to end solutions approach and presence across entire value chain from concept to commissioning, proven execution capabilities and dedicated Life Cycle Asset Management service provider gives it a strong competitive advantage over its peers.
Follow our latest news on Twitter – @IndepthNRG
Or search for these hashtags – #windenergy #windturbine #windpower #renewableenergy #windmill #windgenerator #alternativeenergy #renewableenergysources #photovoltaic #renewableturbine #renewableresources #cleanenergy